Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2015

Rich Chocolate Cake -- with Mocha Frosting

...because sometimes your man (and maybe his wife. Ahem.) just needs a cake.
Things are crazy in the LEO world these days and the new year doesn't seem to be off to a great start. It's obvious my hero is carrying some extra stress and I'm sure the rest of them are too. Being extra vigilant on the job means they need extra relaxation at home.

Enter the chocolate cake!

I usually make my cakes from scratch, but I always have a few box mixes on hand. (They're great for cookies!). Tonight I grabbed one to whip up a cake. I can never leave well enough alone, so I added an extra egg, extra butter and some milk. Extra rich!

And the frosting is simple enough too:
1/2 cup butter flavored Crisco
1 Tbsp water
2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
Strong brewed coffee (cooled)

Beat the Crisco and water until smooth. In a separate bowl, mix powdered sugar and baking cocoa. Gradually add to the Crisco, along with vanilla.
Once blended, gradually add in coffee until frosting is desired consistency.

Now, please excuse me. I need to go eat half a cake before it all disappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment