Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Gifts on a Budget Part 1 - Target bargain

Yes, you read that right. All of our Christmas gifts were purchased for less than $40! Shipping for two items were the most expensive, but still came in under $20. Don't think it's possible? We'll be spending the next five days looking at how we did it!

PART 1: Target Bargain

If you've spent any time shopping at Target, you know two things are true. First, that everything is always on sale in one form or another. Second, that there are dozens of sales each week that include the customer receiving a free gift card with the purchase. This year, I decided that any time I needed an item included in these free gift card offers, I'd save the gift card for a fun purchase. Even at $5 or $10 value, it adds up! Unfortunately, I had spent most of my gift cards on a previous purchase, but had enough left to buy a gift at Target that was originally priced at $69.99, on sale for $49.99 and only pay $10 out of pocket!

Next year, I'd like to be more intentional about saving up these gift cards and be able to get more gifts for even less!

No comments:

Post a Comment